Silvia B. Miller
Silvia joined Allen Wellman McNew & Harvey LLP in 2019. Prior to joining the firm, Silvia spent sixteen years practicing law in various state and local government agencies in Indiana. Her experience in those agencies includes land use and zoning issues, animal ordinance cases, health department code enforcement and securities enforcement.
Silvia was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and moved with her family to Centerville, Ohio in 1989 where she attended Archbishop Alter High School. After High School, Silvia attended Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan graduating with a double major in Political Science and Economics in 1998. She lived in Marburg Germany and attended Phillips University studying both German and Law before starting law school in 1999 at the University of Dayton School of Law. She was admitted to practice law in the state of Indiana in 2002.
Silvia currently lives on the south east side of Indianapolis with her husband, Nick, and their two children. Silvia and her family attend Fountaintown Christian Church in Hancock County. In her spare time, Silvia enjoys attending her children's year round softball and baseball games, getting to as many Cubs games as possible, and spending time with friends and family.
- Family Law 80%
- Medical Malpractice 10%
- Land Use 10%
Current Employment Positions
- City of Indianapolis Office of Corporation Counsel, Deputy City Prosecutor, 2008 to 2012
- Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County, Associate General Counsel, 2014 to 2019
- Indiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2002
- Hancock County Bar Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member, 2002 to Present
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. - 2002
- Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- B.A. - 1998
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Economics