Michael has been an attorney at Allen Wellman McNew Harvey, LLP, since 2006. Michael concentrates his practice in the area of business law, advising and assisting clients with a range of issues from business planning and transactions, to business litigation, including business dissolutions and employment disputes. Michael also regularly represents clients in appellate matters in both administrative and judicial reviews over a wide range of legal areas. Michael handles the majority of the firm's bankruptcy work, representing debtors and creditors in cases and litigation arising under Chapter 7, Chapter 13, and Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code. Michael also devotes a significant amount of his practice to representing clients in general civil matters including litigation before both federal and state courts.
Michael grew up in Rush County, Indiana, and obtained his undergraduate degree from Franklin College in Franklin, Indiana, and his law degree from the Indiana University School of Law in Indianapolis. He is a member of the Indiana State Bar Association, the Indianapolis Bar Association, and the Hancock County Bar Association.
Michael resides in the Meridian Kessler neighborhood of Indianapolis with his wife Michele, their son, Evan, and their two dogs, Maggie and Pete. Michael enjoys spending his free time with his family and friends, and enjoys running, playing golf, watching sports, cooking, and sampling local cuisine.
- Bankruptcy and Bankruptcy Litigation
- General Civil Litigation and Appeals
- Business Formation
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Personal Injury
- Indiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2006
- Hancock County Bar Association, 2006 to Present
- Indiana State Bar Association, 2006 to Present
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Franklin College, Franklin, Indiana
- Major: Political Science
- Kappa Delta Rho Alumni Association - Board of Directors, 2004 to 2010
- Kappa Delta Rho