Kevin G. Harvey, a partner in the firm, joined Allen Wellman McNew Harvey, LLP, in 1997. Kevin's practice is focused in the areas of business law, estate planning and elder law, estate and trust administration, general civil litigation, and personal injury.
Kevin grew up in Nebraska and graduated from Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois, in 1991, where he majored in history. While at Augustana, Kevin was inducted into Phi Alpha Theta, National History Honorary Society, and was the recipient of the O.F. Ander Outstanding History Student Award. Kevin graduated from Indiana University School of Law in 1994. While in law school he was the Executive Production Editor of the Indiana International & Comparative Law Review.
Kevin was admitted to the Indiana Bar and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana in 1994. Kevin is a member of the Indiana State Bar Association, the Hancock County Bar Association, the Indianapolis Bar Association, and the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association. Kevin served as a member of the Board of School Trustees for the School Corporation of Southern Hancock County from 2007 to 2010. Kevin is currently a member of the board of directors of the Hancock County Community Foundation and a member of the board of directors of the Hancock Hope House. Kevin is also a member of the Planned Giving Committee of the Hancock Regional Hospital Foundation.
Kevin lives with his wife, Jayme, in New Palestine, Indiana. Kevin and Jayme attend Outlook Christian Church, where Kevin serves as member of the Board of Elders. In his free time, Kevin enjoys bicycling with Jayme, woodworking, and making stained glass.
- General Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Estate Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Business Law
- Elder Law
- Managing Partner
- Steers Sullivan, P.C., Associate Attorney, 1994 to 1997
- Indiana, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1994
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member, 1994 to Present
- Hancock County Bar Association, Member, 1997 to Present
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member, 1997 to Present
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- School Corporation of Southern Hancock County, Member of the Board of School Trustees, 2007 to 2010
- Hancock Hope House, Member of the Board of Directors, 2012 to Present
- Hancock County Community Foundation, Member of the Board of Directors, 2015 to Present
- Hancock Regional Hospital Foundation, Member of the Planned Giving Committee, 2015 to Present
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 1994
- Augustana College, Rock Island, Illinois
- B.A. - 1991
- Honors: Phi Alpha Theta, Inducted
- Honors: National History Honorary Society, Inducted
- Honors: Recipient of the O.F. Ander Outstanding History Student Award
- Major: History
- "Diverging Child Protection Laws in the Commonwealth: A Comparison of Recent Legislation in England and New Zealand", 4 Indiana International & Comparative Law Review 103
- Femco, Inc v. Coleman, 651 N.E.2d 790, 1995, Ind. Ct. App.
- Street v. Shoe Carnival, Inc., 660 N.E.2d 1054, 1996, Ind. Ct. App.
- In Re T.G., 726 N.E.2d 857, 2000, Ind. Ct. App.