Contact Us Today
Toll Free 866-958-6354
Weekends By Appointment Only
Allen Wellman McNew Harvey, LLP - Attorneys at Law  Established 1918 - Established Experienced Effective
Practice Areas

Are you planning to move and have custody or visitation with a child?

There is a new law in Indiana, effective July 1, 2019, which says you have to file this notice with the court and the other parent if you plan to move more than 20 miles away from the other parent.

The notice must be filed 30 days before you plan to move or at least 14 days if you don't know 30 days in advance. (Previously 90 days regardless of distance). This is very important. There is a list of things that must be included in the notice. Once the notice is filed, the other parent has 20 days to file an objection to the move or to request a change in custody or visitation. You can enter into an agreement, the court could order you to attend mediation, you might have to have a hearing to resolve the matter.

This law can be confusing so please contact an attorney at Allen Wellman McNew Harvey, LLP, to schedule an appointment to discuss this very important law if you decide to move. (2019 - SEA. 292)

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Attorney Articles

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Indiana State Bar Association Avvo VISA | Master card | American Express | Discover Network