Philip C. Sheward, a former Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in Fort Wayne, Indiana, has been practicing law with Allen Wellman McNew Harvey, LLP, since 2006. He concentrates his practice in the areas of family law, criminal defense, and matters involving the Indiana Department of Child Services. He is also a registered domestic relations mediator and enjoys assisting those embroiled in family disputes to resolve their conflict in mutually agreeable ways. Philip is a trial lawyer at heart, so the vast majority of his law practice is based in litigation. He is pleased to have been able to represent people throughout the State of Indiana.
Philip received his undergraduate degree from Cedarville University, graduating in 2001. While at Cedarville, he competed nationally in speech and debate, earning NCCFI National Champion in individual events in 2000 and 2001. Philip earned his law degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, graduating in 2004. While at Pitt, he was awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award. He was admitted to practice law in the State of Indiana in 2004. He is a member of the Indiana Bar Association and the Hancock County Bar Association. He has completed training in trial advocacy at the National Advocacy Center, a joint venture of the National District Attorneys Association and the U.S. Department of Justice. He has also completed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Standardized Field Sobriety Test Certification Course. He has previously served on the Board of Directors of the Greenfield Area Chamber of Commerce, and was the chairperson of the board in 2013. He current serves on the Board of Directors of the Hope House, a homeless shelter and thrift store located in Greenfield.
Philip resides on the northeast side of Indianapolis with his wife and their three children. In his spare time, he enjoys backpacking/hiking, camping, riding his mountain bike, watching Cleveland Browns football, and spending time with his family.
- Allen County Prosecuting Attorney's Office, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, 2004 to 2006
- Indiana, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2007
- Hancock County Bar Association, 2007 to Present
- Indiana Bar Association, 2007 to Present
- National Advocacy Center, Training in trial advocacy
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Standardized Field Sobriety Test Certification Course, Completed
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2004
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award
- Cedarville University, Cedarville, Ohio
- B.A. - 2001
- Honors: NCCFI National Champion in individual events, 2000 and 2001
- Ranked Top 10 Family Law Attorney Under 40 by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- Hope House, Board of Directors, 2018 to Present
- Greenfield Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2010 to 2017
- Greenfield Area Chamber of Commerce, Chairperson, 2013